Persuasion - Mind Motivators – Part 1
When it comes to selling, you have to understand that people based largely on emotion. Not logic.
For them to part with their hard-earned money, you have to first discover their innate wants and desires. We call these “mind motivators”. Once you get their sweet spot, keep pressing these emotional hot buttons.
As you slowly begin to understand what gets the buyer’s pulse racing, you can easily incorporate them in your sales presentation and sales copy.
Use it in your sales copy for PPC ad…landing page copy…banner…whatever!
Here are a few mind motivators for starters:
- Buyers want to avoid pain
- Buyers want to gain pleasure
- Buyers want to save time
- Buyers want to have an easier life
- Buyers want to feel safe and secure
- Buyers want to have a peace of mind
- Buyers love to receive compliments
- Buyers like to invest in future
- Buyers also love short term, instant gratification
- Buyers like experience happiness
- Buyers are fearful of being disadvantaged
- Buyers love to dream the dream
- Buyers want to save on trouble
- Buyers want to let the people (especially loved ones) around them feel happy
- Buyers want it more if they have to be qualified first
- Buyers want to have authority and power
- Buyers want to be part of an exclusive group
- Buyers want to feel independent
Do these points give you some ideas on how you can sell your product?
Remember, you want to be focused on selling benefits (emotions) and not so much on features (logic).
Let me know what you think.
To your success,
P.S If you like to discover more effective yet simple copy techniques, I have something that may just be right for you…